HEALTHCARE AND CYBER SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Organizations within the healthcare sector remain the number one target for cyber threat actors today. Providing quality patient care, while adhering to regulatory compliance mandates is challenging for healthcare organizations of any size. The focus on healthcare by cybercriminals is driven by several key factors including:
- Sensitive Data – Healthcare organizations have access to a wide variety of sensitive information including PHI, payment card industry (PCI) information, and PII.
- Critical Infrastructure: Ransomware groups target organizations that are likely to pay. The healthcare sector provides critical care and needs to have their systems restored quickly, making them likely to comply with attacker demands.
- Internet of Medical Things (IoMT): Healthcare organizations are increasingly reliant upon networked devices to provide patient care. These devices usually possess poor security, and they are inadequately maintained. Attackers target IoMT devices because they are easy to access, and they provide access to an organizations corporate network.
The healthcare industry faces a wide variety of common threats including:
- Data Breaches: Healthcare organizations store massive amounts of sensitive information and data about their patients and clinical research. Attackers all have the common goal of theft of PHI and PII.
- Ransomware: Most healthcare organizations are extremely reliant upon access to their networked systems and data to provide patient care. Without access, they cannot operate. Attackers will hold these systems hostage until an organization meets the attackers demand.
- Malware: Similar to Ransomware, malware can also affect an organizations systems. Certain types of malware can steal login credentials which are then used to access sensitive data.
- Phishing: Phishing is the practice of sending fraudulent communications that appear to be coming from a legitimate, reputable source, usually via email or text messaging. The goal is to gain access to sensitive information, like ePHI or PII. End users are often tricked into clicking on links, or providing sensitive information to the attacker, resulting in a data breach. This is one of the oldest yet most successful types of attack utilizing social engineering.
The data that healthcare organizations possess is extremely valuable. The growing complexity of IT networks and systems provides cyber threat actors with a large variety of potential attack vectors that organizations are responsible for monitoring and protecting. Like all other sectors, healthcare is overwhelmed by the large volume of security data that must be collected and analyzed. Often, this task is complicated by an array of point security products that are complex to monitor and manage. Healthcare organizations must try to focus on simplifying the problems that their teams face. A security solution that integrates functionality, while centralizing security monitoring and management, is crucial to achieving the goal of simplification.
Healthcare organizations must protect against sophisticated cyber threats and integrate cybersecurity solutions designed to prevent against zero-day and fifth-generation cyber threats all while maintaining HIPAA compliance. Commlan’s managed services and security solutions include advanced AI powered technologies to help healthcare organizations reduce the overall complexity of IT systems while providing cost-effective, industry standard methodologies to secure your healthcare organization today.
Commlan Cloud allows you the ability to work anywhere with no hardware-required convenience. More and more services are moving to the cloud, and it only makes sense for businesses to take advantage of the benefits cloud computing offers. With Commlan Cloud, you get everything you need instantly without high upfront costs or long installation times and the flexibility of scaling to your specific needs without having to add hardware.
Commlan’s Cloud Server solutions allow you to store your physical servers in our data centers, ensuring proper maintenance and reducing your server storage needs, or we can provide on-demand cloud storage solutions. When you need more file space, we provide more space without you having to add hard drives or hardware to your servers.
Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery
With Commlan’s Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery, your data is backed up and stored both locally and in a secure data center. If a problem occurs, you can retrieve your data from your onsite backup system, or if an unforeseen event arises, all your critical information is stored in the cloud, where you always have access to it.
Cloud Business Continuity
Many businesses simply cannot afford to go offline, even if only for a few hours. They need to ensure that their systems never skip a beat, even when there is a failure. With Commlan’s Cloud Business Continuity, all your vital data and applications are backed up in a secure data center, so you can switch in real-time to your backup and continue running your business with no downtime.
Cloud Hosted Exchange
Email servers, installation costs, software upgrades, and required maintenance are items many organizations do not have the capacity to manage today. With Commlan’s Cloud Hosted Exchange, you pay for how many users you have, and your email works.
Commlan provides several types of information security audits and assessments ranging from firewall configuration assurance to regulatory compliance gap analysis. Each assessment is customized to address each organization’s specific requirements. Our consultants identify vulnerabilities, assess threats to information systems, and provide recommended solutions for mitigating risk and improving security infrastructure.
Along with assessments for regulatory compliance, Commlan also provides internal and external penetration testing, network security configuration assurance, IP telephony security, and wireless security. Commlan can help your organization at any level in your efforts to protect your IT infrastructure and systems and develop a comprehensive security strategy with continuous monitoring. Commlan offers affordable services to help small and medium businesses set up and maintain secure networks based on leading manufacturers’ technology.